In ASTURPESCA we started the sea urchin campaign.
The sea urchin is a very interesting product from a nutritional point of view as:
- It has a high content of high quality proteins, thus providing many of the essential amino acids.
- In terms of fat, its content is very low, which makes it suitable for slimming diets.
- It provides minerals such as iodine, iron, phosphorus and potassium.
- As it has a high iodine content it is suitable for preventing hypothyroidism.
- Due to its contribution of iron it helps to prevent anaemia and to treat iron deficiency anaemia.
- As it has a high content of phosphorus and potassium it is very suitable both for nerve cells and for lowering blood pressure.
- It also provides vitamins, particularly vitamin A, which makes it suitable for the proper maintenance of our skin and vision.
For all these reasons, it is considered to be a food that helps to reduce the concentration of cholesterol and the cardiovascular risk index.
It also has positive effects on the body’s oxidation processes, such as arteriosclerosis, diabetes, cataracts and degenerative diseases.